This one is another nice and easy dish, perfect for after a long day's work, and really yummy. It uses quorn, which is made from a type of mushroom, and has a similar texture and taste to chicken, so it can be used easily to replace chicken in various recipes. Quorn is sold in many different shapes and sizes at many supermarkets around the world.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pack of Quorn Chicken Style Pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Small handful of mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1 pack of old elpasco fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- generous dash of dry white wine
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 large flour tortillas or 8 smaller tortillas
- Grated cheese, wrap sauce, fresh coriander and sour cream to serve (to personal preference)
- Salad veggies of choice to serve (eg. lettuce, avocado, tomato)
- When all vegetables are prepared, heat up the oil in a large frying pan on medium to high heat. Saute the onion till slightly transparent. Add the quorn and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Then add the peppers and mushrooms and cook for a further 2 mins, stirring regularly. Add roughly half the pack of fajita seasoning, the canned tomatoes, lime juice and white wine. Cook on medium heat stirring for a further 5 minutes and then taste. If you prefer a bit more spice, add more of the seasoning. I usually don't use more than 3/4 pack.
- Put the number of tortillas to be used in the first serving into the microwave or an unoiled pan to warm them up for roughly a minute (check the packet for specific instructions).
- When the tortillas are ready put a few tablespoons of mix into the tortilla from halfway down towards the top. Leave the bottom third free of filling. Add cheese, wrap sauce, sour cream, fresh coriander and some fresh salad vegetables to your own tastes. Fold the bottom third up and the sides in, and enjoy your first delicious bite!